You Have a Choice, so Choose a Healthy Lifestyle
All of us, at any age, can make healthy lifestyle choices. The choices we are currently making may not be the best for our health or the health of our children. If you want to do better, SavvyChick.com® can help you create a healthy lifestyle for yourself and your family.
Here are some facts from the Campaign to End Obesity, maybe they can motivate you to get healthy:
- Approximately two-thirds of adults and nearly one-third of children are overweight or clinically obese.
- If obesity rates remain consistent, half of the U.S. population will be obese by 2030.
- Obesity is also a contributing factor in over 60 chronic diseases.
- Furthermore, the American Cancer Society says that, of the 572,000 Americans who die of cancer each year, one-third had high body weight, poor nutrition, and physical inactivity.
- About two-thirds of U.S. adults with type 2 diabetes are also overweight or obese.
- As far back as 2010, the Congressional Budget Office reported that there was an increase in health care spending due to obesity. On the whole, experts expect that number to climb over the next decade.
- Approximately half of U.S. adults and two-thirds of adolescents don’t get the recommended amount of daily physical activity.
We know those facts can be sobering but, there’s no need to lose hope.
At SavvyChick.com® we want to encourage you to live a healthier lifestyle. Small changes are often the easiest to make and maintain.
The first step can be as easy as drinking a glass of water:
Many experts suggest you start by drinking more water. Water is an essential item needed for our bodies to function properly. Experts say you should drink up to eight, 8-ounce glasses of water each day for a healthier lifestyle. Although 64 ounces might seem like a lot at first, you don’t have to start out at that level. Work your way up slowly. Start with one extra 8 oz. glass a week. In eight weeks, you can be drinking healthy and losing weight. Drinking your daily water allowance actually helps you lose weight. If you want, add some flavor to your water. You can put fresh fruit in it or use sugar-free liquid or powder flavorings in your water bottle.
Next step could be to eat some fruits and vegetables:
You should also work on eating healthier and increasing your physical activity. Try to shoot for five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. When you go shopping, try a new fruit or vegetable and see if you and your family like it. Make a list of all your favorites so you can plan healthier meals around them going forward.
We also recommend that you pick exercises that involve the entire family. Sports are often the best activities because they work a variety of muscles and can accommodate multiple players. Basketball, softball, volleyball, tennis, and bicycling are all activities that families can do together. These games are fun and will promote a healthy lifestyle.
For more information on how you and your family can start living a happier, healthy lifestyle, join us at SavvyChick.com® today.